HUNTER NATION 2022-2023 HUNTING SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN A PRIZE; A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hunter Nation 2022-2023 Hunting Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and legal residents of Canada who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry (“Eligible Entrant”). Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, parent and their respective spouses/domestic partners, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Hunter Nation (“Sponsor”) and each of its respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate or win any of the Prizes as defined The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All Prize winners and their guests must be eligible under federal, state, and local law (including, where applicable, Canadian, and Mexican law) for ownership (if applicable), use and possession of a firearm and must be eligible under law in the state and/or country in which the Prize hunt will take place to obtain a hunting license and tags. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential Winners. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Only one (1) Hunter Nation Membership and membership package per person, per calendar year, no matter how many Sweepstakes are entered, and no matter how many Sweepstakes entries are purchased. (This is a 2022-2023 Membership only.)
2. TO ENTER: You may submit an entry into each Drawing (defined below) using one of the following methods:
- Online/Contribution Method: Beginning January 1, 2022, Eligible Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the Sweepstakes webpage at HunterNation.org and by completing the electronic entry form and making a contribution for each Drawing the Eligible Entrant wishes to enter. (There is no limit to the number of times Eligible Entrants may enter each Sweepstakes) Individuals must provide all applicable information requested on the entry form to be eligible to win.
- Mail-in Method: Beginning January 1, 2022, Eligible Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes via U.S. Mail from a personalized offer you received: Complete and return the Official Entry Form per instructions provided, including selected sweepstakes entries as you wish with your Official Entry Form, with or without a donation for each Drawing the Eligible Entrant wishes to enter. (There is no limit to the number of times Eligible Entrants may enter each Sweepstakes) Individuals must provide all applicable information requested on the entry form to be eligible to win.
- Alternative Free Method: Send a legible, hand-written post card via United States Postal Service (“USPS”) to Hunter Nation International Headquarters, In Care Of “Sweepstakes Entry”, 6700 Squibb Road, Suite 201, Mission, KS 66202 to be received by the applicable Drawing date that includes the following information: (i) entrant’s complete name, street address (no P.O. boxes), city, state, zip code, mobile phone number, age, email address, (ii) the drawing entrant wishes to be entered into and (iii) the following statement: “I have read and agree to the ‘Hunter Nation 2022-2023 Hunting Sweepstakes’ Official Rules” (“Free Mail-in Entry”). A Free Mail-In Entry must be submitted for each Drawing that an Entrant wishes to be entered into.
Entries may or may not be acknowledged, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon submission of the completed entry form as specified above and Sponsor’s receipt of the “Free Mail-in Entry”, the individual is deemed an “Entrant” for purposes of the Sweepstakes and will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the applicable Drawing. There is no limit as to the number of “Free Mail-In Entries” but to be eligible each “Free Mail-In-Entry” must be on a separate card as listed above and contain all required information, as listed above received. Multiple “Free Mail-In Entries” CAN NOT be in one envelope. Each “Free Mail-In-Entry” must have its own post mark. “Free Mail-In-Entries” received before or after the Sweepstakes Period or applicable Drawing will not be accepted or be eligible to win a Prize (defined below). Entries for an individual Drawing may be submitted until 11:59: P.M. Eastern Standard Time (“ET”) one day preceding the Drawing date. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share an email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the entire Sweepstakes. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, ineligible, damaged or misdirected entries or any typographical or other errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prizes. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The time of receipt of any valid entry shall be the time such valid entry becomes available to Sponsor. Any submission that does not comply with these Official Rules is void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL ATTEMPTING SUCH ACTIONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
3. DRAWINGS: The Sweepstakes will begin on January 1, 2022 and end on the specific date listed for each individual Drawing. It is the sole responsibility of each Eligible Entrant to be aware that each Drawing may have a different Drawing Deadline date. (“Sweepstakes Period”) and will consist of separate random prize drawings (each individually a “Drawing” and collectively “Drawings”):
- HN22003 - Idaho Black Bear Hunt with Cayuse Outfitting:
Entry beginning on May 1, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ending on April 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time with a drawing to be completed on or about April 30, 2023. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received by the Drawing date.
- HN22004 Western Predator Hunt with John Bair:
Entry beginning on August 1, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ending on July 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time with a drawing to be completed on or about July 31, 2023. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received by the Drawing date.
- HN22005 Responsible Predator Management Sweepstakes:
Entry beginning on August 1, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ending on July 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time with a drawing to be completed on or about July 31, 2023. Sponsor will randomly select five (5) potential winners from among all eligible entries received by the Drawing date.
All entries for a Drawing must be received by Sponsor by the applicable Drawing date specified above in order to be eligible to win. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any individual Drawing for any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor’s clock shall, for all purposes, be the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
4 WINNER SELECTION:
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. The potential winner will be notified by either e-mail or phone using the contact information provided during registration or on the postcard. All potential winners will be subject to verification of eligibility and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form (“Release”) within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent to claim the Prize. If a potential winner cannot be reached (regardless of reason), there is a return of any Prize notification as undeliverable or fails to provide the Release within the requested time period, or is disqualified for any other reason, the potential winner forfeits the Prize and Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Upon disqualification, no further compensation will be given, and any donation will be forfeited by the entrant. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning the Prize as set forth in Section 5 below will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each Drawing.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
- a. HN22003 Idaho Black Bear Hunt with Cayuse Outfitting: One (1) winner will receive the following prize package (collectively, the “Prize”): a five (5) day Black Bear hunt for one (1) person, to take place in May-June 2023 on dates to be determined by Sponsor (which includes a fully-guided hunt; meals; lodging to be provided by the hunting outfitter and local transportation to and from the hunt areas). Winner is responsible for all transportation to and from the Prize location. Winner must meet all requirements for participation in the hunt, including timely executing and returning all documents and releases necessary to be awarded the Prize; eligibility under federal, state and local law for ownership (if applicable), use and possession of a firearm and eligibility under state law to obtain a Idaho hunting license. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the entire Prize is $3,000.
- b. HN22004 Western Predator Hunt with John Bair: One (1) winner will receive the following prize package (collectively, the “Prize”): a two (2) day Predator hunt for one (1) person, to take place in Summer-Fall 2023 on dates to be determined by Sponsor (which includes a fully-guided hunt; meals; lodging to be provided by the hunting outfitter and local transportation to and from the hunt areas). Winner is responsible for all transportation to and from the Prize location. Winner must meet all requirements for participation in the hunt, including timely executing and returning all documents and releases necessary to be awarded the Prize; eligibility under federal, state and local law for ownership (if applicable), use and possession of a firearm and eligibility under state law to obtain a Utah and/or Idaho hunting license. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the entire Prize is $2,500.
- HN200105 Responsible Predator Management Sweepstakes: Seven (7) winners will receive the following prize package (collectively, the “Prize”): Prize may be a firearm certificate, merchandise, gift card, cash, etc., as determined by the Sponsor. Winner must meet all requirements to receive the prize, including timely executing and returning all documents and releases necessary to be awarded the Prize; eligibility under federal, state, and local law for firearm ownership (if applicable), use and possession of a firearm and eligibility under state law. The Winner must be able to pass a federal background check. No substitutes. The Winner must have the Prize shipped to firearms dealer that holds a Federal Firearms License (“FFL”) and must provide Sponsor with a copy of the FFL certification. Except for the cost of the Prize, all taxes, expenses, and costs, related to accepting and/or using the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winner, including any cost charged by the dealer for processing the transfer in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. If a winner cannot accept the Prize as stated, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the prize is forfeited, any donation made is likewise forfeited. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the entire Prize is $1,000
General Prize Restrictions: In addition to an affidavit of eligibility and release form, all winners and guests (where applicable) may be required to timely execute and submit documentation (in addition to that described in the Prize descriptions above), including (i) a publicity release (if applicable); (ii) a Physician’s written attestation/certification deeming Winner and his or her guest(s) physically and emotionally capable of safely engaging in hunting activities; (iii) hunt outfitter releases and documentation; (iv) a current, valid government-issued identification document (“I.D.”), social security number and/or passport (as required for travel and hunter licensing purposes); (v) a valid, original Hunter Education Card to be carried on one’s person while hunting; (vi) valid, current health, property, liability or other insurance deemed necessary by winner, winner’s guest(s) or Sponsor; and (vii) any other documents or information deemed necessary by Sponsor (or Sponsor’s designees) in furtherance of the above-described hunts. On the basis of Sponsor’s determination (in its sole and absolute discretion), and regardless of whether or not the aforementioned documents are provided, if a Prize winner or winner’s guest(s) (where applicable) still appear or are suspected of being incapable, too inexperienced, unwilling, legally constrained, or otherwise unsuitable for any reason of safely, legally, and properly engaging in a hunt, such individual will be disqualified, and the Prize will be forfeited. Any donation made will likewise be forfeited.
All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to transportation costs, tag or license fees, hotel accommodations, parking, food and beverages, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting and making use of the Prize and Prize-related travel are the sole responsibility of the
winner of each Prize (and winner’s guests, as applicable). The Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute each Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable regulations in connection with the Prize. Winner agrees that the Prize is personal to that applicable winner and his/her guests, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated, or otherwise conveyed. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. All federal, state, or local taxes associated with each Prize are each Prize winners’ responsibility. A form 1099 may be issued based on the value of the Prize as required by law.
Certain travel restrictions may apply. Accommodation arrangements must be made through Sponsor or its designee. A Winner and his or her guests must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification and passports for international travel. Where applicable, winners may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay.
6. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use the winner’s name and/or likeness, Prize information, photograph, voice, and comments for purposes of advertising and trade without further notice, permission, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, delayed, garbled, undelivered, or misdirected entries; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone or data transmission systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from Sweepstakes participation; typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials, or other problems or errors of any kind whether computer, network, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, in the processing of entries, in the selection or announcement of winners or in the awarding of prizes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any damage to an entrant’s system which is occasioned by participating in this Sweepstakes or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the promotion. Released Parties are also not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will be conducted in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Sweepstakes Entities and their designees and assigns and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability and entrant will indemnify, defend and hold Sweepstakes Entities harmless from any liability, loss, injury, or damage to entrant themselves or any other person or entity, including personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes (including any Prize activity or travel related thereto) or participation in this Sweepstakes. Entrants further acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including, but not limited to, quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry and to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, action of entrants, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, if the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, at Sponsor’s discretion, select winners from those eligible, non-suspect entries.
8. DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) to the extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with United States law. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts of the State of Kansas, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The value of the Prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determinations of the ARV thereof and such determinations are final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of any Prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the winner’s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Hunter Nation 2022-2023 Hunting Sweepstakes” Winner’s List, Hunter Nation Inc., 6700 Squibb Rd Suite 201, Mission, KS 66202. Requests for winner’s list must be received within ninety (90) days after the Sweepstakes Period.
11. SPONSOR: Hunter Nation Inc., 6700 Squibb Rd Suite 103A, Mission, KS 66202.
Copyright ©2022-2023 Hunter Nation, Inc. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and abroad. All rights reserved.